A MESSAGE FROM THE GOVERNORS OF WOODLEA
Woodlea is a great school but with your help we can make it an amazing one!
Government funding for schools continues to decrease year on year, these cuts mean we have to focus on core educational needs and cut back on the extras.
We are asking that you make a school fund contribution of £5 per month, per child - an extra 25p per pound donated will be added on through Gift aid. Contributions of smaller amounts will be gratefully received, and contributions of higher amounts are equally welcome.
Please complete the below standing order and gift aid form and return it to the school office.
Woodlea has a dedicated charitable fund that was set up to support the school, this fund is used for the direct enjoyment and experience of the children.
Recent purchases made with this fund include:
- Developing the paddock into a sports court
- Science and technology equipment for whole class participation
- New learning software
We have a wish list and your monthly support will mean we are able to:
- Build an IT suite with new computers, laptops and tablets for whole class participation – The current suite is very dated, and children need to share a computer
- Upgrade and replace all interactive whiteboards and projectors which are also dated
- Restock the library with up to date non-fiction books, following the PTA funded refurbishment
- Continue and extend group sessions for enhanced learning
The school Governors and staff are continually looking at ways to enhance your children’s school experience and many people already support these endeavours, if you feel that you can help in ways other than monetary please do contact the governing body and share your ideas.
We plan to update you each term as to how your contributions are helping Woodlea become amazing! Many thanks for your support, we do really appreciate it!