Welcome to Year 1
Hello Year 1 :)
It was lovely to meet you all last week and I am really looking forward to you being in Year 1 after the summer holidays. Here are a few ideas of things you could have a go at over the summer holidays. There are also some activity sheets uploaded below.
- Read with and to your child regularly.
- Draw a picture of your favourite book or character.
- Get your child to re-tell stories verbally, making up actions to go with the words where they can.
- Practise counting up to 20 forward and backwards.
- Practise making 10 (and 20) in different ways.
- Play board games – snakes and ladders is great for counting practise.
- Keep a little diary where you can write about what you have done during the holidays, include drawings and photos.
These activities are meant to be fun and shouldn’t take long but they really will make a difference!
When we come back in September our topic will be 'Who am I?' I have uploaded the topic web so you can have a look at the sorts of things we will be doing when you start in Year 1.
I wish you all a very happy summer holiday and look forward to seeing you in September. :)