Welcome to Badgers
It was lovely to see you all at school this week and we are really looking forward to teaching you all in September.
Things have been very different for us this term and we are now all ready for a good rest and a lovely summer holiday. Here are a few suggestions of activities you might like to have a go at over the holidays to help you feel more confident when we come back to school.
- Now that they are open again, why not visit your local library and sign up to the Summer Challenge? This year you will be joining the "Silly Squad" and we would live to see any certificates or stickers you earn or read any book reviews you might do. For more information visit: https://summerreadingchallenge.org.uk
- Get someone to take a photo of you reading in a favourite or unusual place to put up in our book corner.
- Re- tell stories verbally ( ones you've read, made up or that have been read to you) with actions to go with the words where you can.
- Go over the spellings you have learnt in Year 1 ( list attached)
- Practise counting forwards and backwards in 1's, 2's, 5's and 10's when you go on a walk or up and downstairs.
- Play money games like 'shops' to help you remember how much the coins are worth.
- Play board games - snakes and ladders is one of our favourites for counting practise!
- Keep a diary where you can write about your favourite holiday activities and include some drawings and photographs to share with us.
These activities are meant to be fun and shouldn't take too long, but they really will make a difference! There are also a couple of activity packs attached if you would like to do them but they are optional so please don't worry if you don't get around to them.
Our topic web for the first half of the Autumn term is also attached for you to see some of the exciting things we are going to be learning.
We wish you all a very happy holiday and look forward to seeing you all in September ready for a great year in Badgers 🙂.
Mrs Menham and Mrs Hill
https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk (username : woodlea12 password : woodlea)