Welcome to Year 2
We are really looking forward to teaching you all in September and welcoming you back after the summer holiday. Here are a few activities which we would like you to have a go at over the holidays to help you feel confident when we come back to school.
- Visit your local library- there are always ‘Summer Holiday challenges’ to encourage the children to read. This year the ‘Wild World Heroes’ will be there to cheer you along and share some facts about helping the planet! We would love to see any certificates/ stickers you earn or read any book reviews you might write. The website address for more information is: https://summerreadingchallenge.org.uk/
- Get someone to take a photo of you reading in an unusual or favourite place to put up in our book corner.
- Re-tell stories verbally, making up actions to go with the words where you can.
- Go over the spellings you have learnt in Rabbits.
- Practise counting forwards and backwards in 1’s, 2’s, 5’s and 10’s.
- Play money games to help you remember how much the coins are worth.
- Practise telling the time: O’clock, half past, quarter to and past.
- Play board games – snakes and ladders is great for counting practise.
Why not keep a diary where you can write about your favourite holiday activities and include some drawings and photos to share with us.
These activities are meant to be fun and shouldn’t take long but they really will make a difference!
We wish you all a very happy holiday and look forward to seeing you all in September.
Mrs Menham and Mrs Hill
https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk (username : woodlea12 password : woodlea)